Since Vaseline has a petroleum jelly which may effect your skin and darken your complexion. Here are some reasons why you should not apply vaseline on your skin-
1. Petroleum jelly blocks your pores and skin looks dull and dark.
2. Since its greasy, so it leads to breakdown in your skin,
3. Petroleum jelly contains hydrocarbon and is not a herbal product which is not good for your skin.
4. Petroleum jelly easily traps the heat especially when you are in the skin.
5. Petroleum jelly is better for your hair but not for your skin.
6. Since it has no beneficial effects, it acts as a physical barrier. Pores cannot breathe and expel dirt and dead skin doesn’t shed.
7. It does not contain elements to provide all necessary nutrients that your skin needs.
8. It is highly comedogenic which will give rise to pimples on your skin.
Note :- You can use Vaseline body lotions as they do not contains petroleum jelly and is good for your skin but you need not to use Vaseline which has petroleum jelly.